Modern approaches to delivery on national imperatives
In order to achieve global competitiveness, green growth and prosperity in the next decade and beyond, we recognise that delivery is as important as policy. We believe that the National Prosperity Plan should be built around an innovative set of approaches for delivery:
- Accountability: Clearly defined objectives, delivered through National and Local Prosperity Scorecards that allow us to make decisions and track progress.
- Tailored responses: Creating Local Prosperity Strategies and giving local leaders the tools to deliver them.
- Collaboration: Building on LEPs to create Local Prosperity Partnerships that make business, government, institutions and society work towards a common goal.
- Purposeful business: Having businesses leading delivery, and being committed to playing their role in society.
- Consistency: Working together within a stable and long-term policy and regulatory framework.
Our vision and goals need to be built collaboratively, but as a starting point we have identified five immediate national imperatives that we develop in more detail.
Our vision and goals need to be built collaboratively. As a starting point we have chosen five national imperatives and created ambitious policies to help us deliver these goals to ensure a stronger, fairer and more resilient economy.
Want to learn more? Get in touch
The Covid Recovery Commission’s work is now finished. The Secretariat was provided by WPI Strategy and the analysis conducted by WPI Economics. If you would like to find out more about their work please contact Nick@wpi-strategy.com or Matthew@wpieconomics.com